As a reputable audit firm, we will use our knowledge and experience to help your organization succeed. We can be your advisors and help you with reporting obligations, tax withholding, unrelated business income, and other issues.
Are you a Maine non-profit organization who needs financing for that new program or project?
Maybe you are struggling with the 990 filing requirements?
It is a privilege to have a tax-exempt status, and your organization gets significant benefits; however, maintaining your 501(c)(3) status isn’t automatic. Participating in certain activities could allow the IRS to revoke your exempt status or to impose certain excise taxes on your organization. We can help you keep your status by advising you on what to do and what not to do.
Our audit department offers a wide range of audit and assurance services, and we would love the opportunity to bid on your next audit or to discuss how we can help you during a free consultation.
Our Non-profit Services Include:
- Income tax preparation
- Audits of non-profit organizations
- 401k and 403b audits
- Internal control reviews
- Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT) consulting
- Reviewed financial statements
- Compiled financial statements
- Industry focus and experience with organizations involved in:
- Social services
- Art and museums
- Child services
- When should your nonprofit organization reconsider a special event? (9/4/2018) - Not-for-profits use special events to raise large amounts in a short period of time. Most often, the donor receives a direct benefit from the event — such as dinner or participation in a gaming activity. But special events don’t always meet their fundraising goals. In fact, organizations can lose money on them. Following these steps […]
- Why nonprofits might want to revisit the Donor Bill of Rights (8/1/2018) - The Donor Bill of Rights was designed about 25 years ago as a blueprint of best practices for not-for-profits. Some critics have since asserted that the rights are out of date or not comprehensive enough. However, revisiting the list’s basic principles can help you build solid relationships with donors — and even boost fundraising. Here […]
- IT’S BETTER TO GIVE THAN TO RECEIVE (3/29/2016) - Since moving to the Mid-Coast area a few years ago, my wife and I have been called upon many times to help a number of local charities. We are very strong believers that it is our obligation to make our community stronger during our brief stay in this wonderful world so we choose to help […]